Infringement Notices


If you have received an infringement notice you have 28 days from the date of issue to pay, appeal or elect for the matter to be dealt with by a magistrate. At the Officer's discretion he may issue a caution notice or an infringement depending on the situation.

Payment of infringement

To pay an infringement simply attend one of the following locations with the infringement you were issued with at the time of the alleged offence.

Town of Port Hedland Administration Center, McGregor Street Port Hedland Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm
South Hedland Library, Leake Street South Hedland Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm
Ranger Services, Works Depot Cajarina Road, Wedgefield Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm

Request for Appeal or Review

If you believe you were not the person responsible at the time of the infringement being issued or you have a valid reason as to why the infringement should be withdrawn, you may write to the Town of Port Hedland PO Box 41 PORTHEDLAND WA 6721 or send an email to stating your full name, postal address, and infringement number and the reason why you are appealing the infringement and forward this information for review  before the 28 day period has expired.

Once your application has been submitted with your supporting evidence of your claim, your application will be assessed on its own merits and you will be advised of the outcome in writing.

If you were not the offender at the time of the incident, you may complete a statutory declaration with the offender’s details and this is to include both the Name and Address of the person who committed the offence.

Elect to take the matter to Court

Everyone has a right to have their matter brought before a court of law. If you elect to take this matter to the courts DO NOT pay the infringement, but you MUST advise the Town in writing that you intend to have your matter heard before the courts. After the paperwork has been filed with the courts you will be issue a Summons to appear in court.

Fines Enforcement Registry WA

If you fail to pay your infringement within the 28 days, (excluding appeals or court elections) a final demand letter will be issued by the Town in this case additional fees will have been incurred and an additional 28 days to pay will be given. If no payment has been made the matter will be referred to the Fines Enforcement Registry