Lodging Houses & Public Accommodation

A lodging house is any permanent or temporary building or structure that is provided for lodging or boarding more than 6 persons, including motels, hotels and mining accommodation camps.

Applications for a new lodging house must be submitted to the Town’s Environmental Health department for assessment and approval. Environmental Health Officers conduct regular compliance inspections of lodging houses to ensure compliance with the Health (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1911.

Useful links:

Application for Registration of a Lodging House

Town of Port Hedland Health Local Law 2016

For further information, please contact the Town’s Environmental Health department on 9158 9300.