Relationship Declaration

NB: Any persons wishing to use the Relationship Declaration Register for Immigration purposes, should note that the Department of Immigration has advised the Town of Port Hedland that they do not recognise the Relationship Declaration Register as a legal document.

On 26 August 2015, the Town of Port Hedland established a Relationship Declaration Register Policy, the first local government in regional Western Australia, enabling couples, regardless of gender, to formally recognise their relationship.   

To read more background information, please read the full 26 August 2015 Ordinary Council Meeting Minutes here.  

If you would like to register your relationship 

Fill in the Application Form, and make an appointment with the Chief Executive Officer via the Governance team to submit the form and pay the Prescribed Fee (details below). 

For full details and guidelines on how to register your relationship, please click on the Policy below.

Related links

Application Form

Process for Making a Relationship Declaration

  • Complete and sign the application form (both partners)
  • Call the Governance Unit on 9158 9300 to make an appointment with the Chief Executive Officer
  • Bring the required original proof of identity documents as specified in Part 3 of the application form
  • After your application has been accepted, at the appointment with the Chief Executive Officer pay the fee
  • The Governance Unit will advise of the date, time and venue for the declaration

Town of Port Hedland Fees and Charges

Application to make a relationship declaration $135
Replacement of a declaration certificate $35
Certified copy of entry - Relationship Register Certificate $35

For more information

If you have any enquiries, please direct them to the Town of Port Hedland Governance team:

Tel: (08) 9158 9300
Post: PO Box 41, Port Hedland, WA, 6721

All Town of Port Hedland documents are available to the community upon request and in alternative formats if required, including hard copy in standard and large print, electronic format, audio format on CD or USB, or via email.