Our vision: a nationally significant, friendly city where people are proud to call home
Port Hedland is transforming into a vibrant attractive regional city with a community that are proud to live, work and play in the heart of the Pilbara.
Did you know that Port Hedland:
- is known as Marapikurrinya by the local Indigenous people
- has a population of approximately 20,000, with a growth rate of 5.5%
- is the world's largest bulk tonnage export port, exporting 372.3 million tonnes per annum, an increase of 29% from last year's throughput
- contributes 14% or $4 billion to the Pilbara's Gross Regional Product
- is a melting pot of over an estimated 72 nationalities and cultures