Our vision: a nationally significant, friendly city where people are proud to call home.
Port Hedland is transforming into a vibrant attractive regional city with a community that are proud to live, work and play in the heart of the Pilbara.
Together with State Government, the resources industry, local business and community groups we're striving to achieve our vision.
Did you know that Port Hedland:
- is known as Marapikurrinya by the local Indigenous people
- has a population of approximately 20,000, with a growth rate of 5.5%
- is the world's largest bulk tonnage export port, exporting 372.3 million tonnes per annum, an increase of 29% from last year's throughput
- contributes 14% or $4 billion to the Pilbara's Gross Regional Product
- is a melting pot of over an estimated 72 nationalities and cultures
- Get prepared for cyclone season and read our Cyclones and you information booklet
Have your say: