Sports and Recreation Reserves - Bookings
When making bookings for the Town’s parks and sporting reserves please adhere to the minimum booking timeframes below:
- Small event, less than 50 attendees – 2 weeks before the event
- Medium event, 51 to 200 attendees – 4 weeks before the event
- Large event, over 200 attendees – 8 weeks before the event
Late booking fees may apply for bookings made outside these timeframes and in some cases your event may not be able to proceed.
Sport and Recreation Reserves can be booked for seasonal hire by organised sporting clubs and associations.
- Summer – 1 October to 31 March (inclusive)
Applications for summer use of recreation reserves will be requested in August each year.
- Winter – 1 April to 30 September (inclusive)
Applications for winter use of recreation reserves will be requested in March each year.
The Town of Port Hedland Bookings Officer will assess applications for seasonal use of sport and recreation reserves and where possible preference may be given to the following:
- Historical user groups
- In-season sports (over pre-season training)
- Junior Sporting Clubs and Associations
- Allocated use for games (over training)
- Incorporated sporting clubs and Associations
- Applications submitted by the seasonal allocation closing date (over late submissions)
All Town of Port Hedland reserves and facilities are shared facilities and where possible multiple users can/will be approved for use. The Town will attempt to accommodate the requirements of all sporting groups to the best of its ability, but please be aware that this may not always be possible.
Please note: Seasonal bookings can only be made by organised sporting groups. All other groups including Corporate/Business Groups and School Groups can make bookings via the casual hire section below.
Making a Seasonal Hire Booking
Follow these steps!
Read the Seasonal Hire Information Package which outlines the responsibilities of sporting groups for use of Council Reserves.
Complete the Seasonal Hire Booking Form.
Submit your booking form to the Town’s Booking Officer.
P: 9158 9638
Your application will be processed and you will be advised of the outcome.
The town has a dedicated Club Development Officer. For further information on Club Development Officer Initiatives take a look at our Club Development Page.
Casual Hire or Large Event Bookings
If you are interested in:
- The casual hire of a Sport and Recreation Reserve or,
- The hire of a Sport and Recreation Reserve for a large event (over 500 people), bookings can be made through the Town’s Bookings Officer.
There may be additional booking requirements for large event bookings. It is important that the Town receives all information in order to ensure all statutory requirements are met and to make sure your event runs smoothly.
Event requirements may include the following:
- Site map
- Sanitary facilities
- Application to construct, extend or alter a public building
- Certificate of Electrical compliance
- Trading in Public Places form, i.e. food application
- Application to Consume Alcohol on Council Facility or Reserve
- Risk Management Plan
- Traffic Management Plan
- Fireworks Events Permit
If you are interested in holding a large event at one of the Town’s Sport and Recreation Reserves we encourage you to contact the Town’s Booking Officer as soon as possible in order to book the venue. Availability may be limited and bookings should not be left to the last minute.
Making a Casual Hire or Large Event Booking
Read the Casual Hire and Events Policy.
Contact the Town’s Bookings Officer to check availability and to discuss your event.
P: 9158 9638
There are also a number of parks which can be booked for casual hire or for a large event.
Check out our Parks page for more information.