NB: Any persons wishing to use the Relationship Declaration Register for Immigration purposes, should note that the Department of Immigration has advised the Town of Port Hedland that they do not recognise the Relationship Declaration Register as a legal document.
On 26 August 2015, the Town of Port Hedland established a Relationship Declaration Register Policy, the first local government in regional Western Australia, enabling couples, regardless of gender, to formally recognise their relationship.
To read more background information, please read the full 26 August 2015 Ordinary Council Meeting Minutes here.
If you would like to register your relationship
Fill in the Application Form, and make an appointment with the Chief Executive Officer via the Governance team to submit the form and pay the Prescribed Fee (details below).
For full details and guidelines on how to register your relationship, please click on the Policy below.
Policy No. 1/021 - Relationship Declaration Register (including Guidelines)
Process for Making a Relationship Declaration
- Complete and sign the application form (both partners)
- Call the Governance Unit on 9158 9300 to make an appointment with the Chief Executive Officer
- Bring the required original proof of identity documents as specified in Part 3 of the application form
- After your application has been accepted, at the appointment with the Chief Executive Officer pay the fee
- The Governance Unit will advise of the date, time and venue for the declaration
Town of Port Hedland Fees and Charges
- Application to make a relationship declaration - $135
- Replacement of a declaration certificate - $35
- Certified copy of entry - Relationship Register Certificate - $35
For more information
If you have any enquiries, please direct them to the Town of Port Hedland Governance team:
Tel: (08) 9158 9300
Post: PO Box 41, Port Hedland, WA, 6721