Town of Port Hedland
Find us on Facebook Join us on Google+

Technical Services

Road Closure Applications

There are various reasons roads, footpaths or verges may need to be closed or obstructed due to certain activities taking place such as public events, crane operations, excavations or day to day maintenance within our town. Whatever the reason, approval is required to ensure the safety of residents as well as the notification and co-ordination of other vital services.

To obtain approval to obstruct roads, footpaths or verges, an application must be made and the non-refundable application fee paid for each permit.

Please liaise with our Engineering Technical Officer to obtain and complete all required forms and fees to ensure a smooth approval process.

Crossover/Driveway Applications

All existing and new crossovers within the Towns boundaries will need to be approved by our Technical Services team and be constructed in accordance with the Town of Port Hedland Crossover Guidelines & Crossover Policy 09/005.

To obtain approval for a vehicle crossover, an application form must be completed and a crossover approval fee needs to be paid. 

A pre-concrete pour inspection and final crossover inspection will need to be arranged and carried out to ensure the crossover is being constructed to our policy and guidelines prior to final approval and letter of compliance being issued. 

Please liaise with our Engineering Technical Officer to obtain and complete all required forms, inspections and fees for your new/existing vehicle crossover.

Technical Enquiries and Works Requests

Technical Services attend to all technical enquiries relating to the below:

  • Stormwater, Drainage, Flooding and Erosion
  • Roads, Carparks, Speedbumps, Footpaths and Traffic Enquiries
  • Signage and Linemarking Approvals

Please liaise with our Engineering Technical Officer on 9158 9759 to obtain all required information.

Civil Engineering Design Referrals and Approvals

All Civil Engineering Designs must be to the satisfaction of our Technical Services Department prior to commencement of construction. Please note that all recommendations and referrals are formally written in email or letter formats.

Please liaise with our Technical Officer in relation to all Civil Engineering Plans and Designs to ensure the Town's specifications are met. 

Plans and Designs can be emailed to .

Subdivision Approvals and Inspections

All new subdivision projects that are applied for as part of a building application with our Planning Department will reviewed and monitored by our Technical Services Team.

Restricted Access Vehicle Network Assessments and Concessional Load Approvals

Any heavy vehicle access on Town of Port Hedland roads will need to be approved by our Technical Services Department.

Please refer to the Main Roads website below for details on the Pilbara's RAV Network and Heavy Vehicle Restrictions.

Please note that all approvals are formally written in letter format, and you will need to liaise with our Technical Officer in regards to your RAV Network, Heavy Vehicle or Concessional Loading Request.

Street Tree Applications and Verge Requests

Council wish to promote the establishment of landscaping on our verges for the benefit of those who reside, work and visit the Town of Port Hedland.

The Town provide street trees on new property lots upon a resident's application in accordance with Council's Policy 10-003 Landscaping.

Application must be made for any verge treatment requests relating to lawns, reticulation and landscaping and fees are applicable.

Please contact Engineering Technical Services on 9158 9700 for any information in relation to verge treatments and street tree application.

Contact Details
Engineering technical officer
Name: Anthony Williams
Phone: (08) 9158 9759