Parks - Bookings
When are you required to book a community park?
If you answer "yes" to any of the questions below you are required to book a park.
- Will you be hold sporting training or games?
- Will your event have over 50 attendees?
- Will your event be open to the public?
- Will there be any entertainment? (E.g. Bouncy Castles, music, shade tents etc.)
- Do you require vehicle access to the park?
- Will you be selling food, goods or items?
- Will you be selling/consuming alcohol?
- Are you planning on conducting personal training or fitness classes at one of the Town’s parks?
- Are you planning on holding funeral or a wake at one of the Town’s parks?
If you answered "no" to the questions above, enjoy your special occasion!
When making bookings we encourage hirers to contact the Town’s Booking Officer as soon as possible to ensure the even runs smoothly. Please not that there are minimum booking timeframes which are listed below.
- Small event, less than 50 attendees - 2 weeks before the event
- Medium event, 51 to 200 attendees - 4 weeks before the event
- Large event, over 200 attendees - 8 weeks before the event
Late booking fees may apply for bookings made outside these timeframes and in some cases the event may not be able to proceed.
Making a Booking
Bookings can be made for any of the Town’s parks for sports carnivals, fitness classes, birthday parties, community events, Christmas functions and much more. Here’s how to go about it:
Contact the Town’s Bookings Officer to check availability.
P: 9158 9638
Complete the Booking Form.
Submit the booking form to The Town’s Booking Officer. The Booking Officer will liaise with various departments within the Town such as Planning Services, Environmental Health and Engineering Services to process your application and you will be advised of the outcome.
Large Event Bookings
- Is your event booking for over 500 people?
If yes, additional booking requirements may need to be met.
It is important that the Town receives all information in order to ensure all statutory requirements are met and to make sure your event runs smoothly.
Event requirements may include the following:
- Site map
- Sanitary facilities
- Application to construct, extend or alter a public building
- Certificate of Electrical compliance
- Trading in Public Places form, i.e. food application
- Application to Consume Alcohol on Council Facility or Reserve
- Risk Management Plan
- Traffic Management Plan
- Fireworks Events Permit
If you are interested in holding a large event at one of the Town’s parks we encourage you to contact the Town’s Booking Officer as soon as possible in order to book the venue.
Availability may be limited and bookings should not be left to the last minute.