The Town of Port Hedland in partnership with the Department of Sport and Recreation is proud to deliver the KidSport program to our community. KidSport funding provides up to $200 each year for children between the ages of 5 and 18 who hold a current Health Care or Pension Concession Card (or referred to the program via referral agent) to join a local not for profit sporting club. The funding will assist to pay for membership fees and may also contribute to any required uniform and equipment (if eligible). The KidSport program is funded by the Department of Sport and Recreation.
What is the eligibility criteria?
- Applicant must be 5 - 18 years of age
- Applicant must have a Health Care Card or Pension Concession Card
- Applicant's primary place of residence must be in the Town of Port Hedland (exceptions may apply)
- It is preferred that applicants register with a club that is in their local government area.
- Funding will cover the cost of fees to join the nominated sport or recreation club
- Maximum of up to $200 per child
- Applications can only receive funding once per calendar year
- Fees are only for the nominated registered season
- No retrospective fees will be pad
- No limitation to applications per family as long as the criteria is met
- An applicant can be 'validated' by a recognised referral agent (eg schools, doctors, police, social workers, local area coordinators)
Clubs wishing to register with the Town of Port Hedland as a participating Kidsport Club must complete the online registration form.
Eligible participants can download the application form, or forms are available through registered Clubs and schools or by contacting Frederick Nortje on 9158 9689 or firstname.lastname@example.org.