Town of Port Hedland
Find us on Facebook Join us on Google+

Enrolment And Voting

All Town of Port Hedland documents are available to the community upon request and in alternative formats if required, including hard copy in standard and large print, electronic format, audio format on CD or USB, or via email.


If you are already enrolled as an elector on the State Electoral Roll for your residential address, you will automatically enrolled for Local Government Elections.

If you are a resident of the Town and not already enrolled, you must make a claim for enrolment with the Australian Electoral Commission. To enrol please visit the Australian Electoral Commission website

Non-Resident Owners And Occupiers

If you own or occupy property and you are not a resident or you are a corporate body, you may be eligible to apply for the Town’s Owners & Occupiers roll. For more information or to be included on the Owners & Occupiers roll, please refer to this application form or call 9158 9317.

Check Your Enrolment

The easiest way to check your enrolment status is online via the WAEC website - If you do not have access to the internet, you may contact the WAEC Election Line on 13 63 06 (WA callers) or (08) 9214 0400.

Further Information

An extensive page of Frequently Asked Questions covering all Election matters is available on the WAEC website at

Alternatively, you may contact the Town’s Governance Unit at or via telephone on 9158 9317.

Voting in Local Government Elections is not compulsory.