The Building Services team is responsible for issuing all building permits as well as administering and enforcing compliance with the Building Act and Regulations.
The team provides a range of services, including:
- Certification (Certificates of Compliance)
- Consultancy (BCA advice, disability, alternative solutions)
- Electronic lodgement and fast tracking of approvals
- Permit Authority - approvals and compliance
- Property enquiries (copy of plans/approvals, conveyancing enquiries)
The objective of the Building Code of Australia is to ensure acceptable standards of structural sufficiency, fire safety, health and amenity are maintained in all building work.
The function of the building surveyor in administering and enforcing building regulations is to avert or at least minimize the risk of danger to health and safety from sub-standard building work.